[Pacemaker] getting started with development

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Wed Feb 26 10:37:02 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

Awesome, one of the things we recommend to pacemaker developers is to learn about our unit tests. Specifically, being able to run CTS in a virtualized environment with 3 or more nodes is a good exercise.

I run CTS on KVM instances using libvirt. For fencing I use fence_virtd on the host machine and the fence_xvm agent within the guest vms.

After you get fence_virtd running and accessible from the guests ('fence_xvm -o list' should list all the running guest vms when executed from a guest vm) you can use the steps I have outlined in the scenario file below to execute cts.

https://github.com/davidvossel/phd/blob/master/scenarios/cts-virt.scenario

CTS is not strictly required for all pacemaker development. Depending on how deep you want go it is very helpful at verifying invasive changes.

-- Vossel