[Pacemaker] racing crm commands... last write wins?

Bob Haxo bhaxo at sgi.com
Wed Mar 20 13:40:10 EDT 2013

Regarding the replace triggering a DC election ... which is causing
issues with scripted installs ... how do I determine which crm commands
will NOT trigger this election?  I need a way of avoiding this election
while installing.

I'm finding that when repeating the scripted install with the same
commands, sometimes the DC election gets triggered and sometimes it does
not.  With the DC election, these messages get logged, followed by the
whole xml version of the configuration.

Call cib_replace failed (-62): Timer expired
ERROR: 55: could not replace cib
INFO: 55: offending xml: <configuration>

Any suggestions for avoiding replacing rather than incrementally
modifying the configuration?

Thanks,
Bob Haxo
SGI