[Pacemaker] racing crm commands... last write wins?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Mon Mar 4 11:25:25 EST 2013

On 2013-03-04T17:14:28, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> > Thought so at the time, yes. And I do think it cleaned up a few things,
> > we just need to improve it. The full CIB replace also seems to trigger
> > an election ...
> I think that used to happen in Heartbeat clusters but got fixed
> in the meantime, the details are a bit foggy.

No, if you look at the current logs on the DC, you'll also see this
happening. I think it's the replace of the node section that triggers
it.

> > Then most of the logic in crmsh would remain unchanged (i.e., it'd still
> > operate on whole CIBs only), but the way how it passes it on to
> > Pacemaker would improve. I hope.
> crmsh currently doesn't keep the original copy of the CIB.

Right, but that should be a simple thing to add and prototype quickly.
(Says he who isn't going to be the one doing it ;-)

> Anyway, this approach is worth investigating.

Thanks, let me know how it goes!

Regards,
    Lars

--