[Pacemaker] racing crm commands... last write wins?

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 25 08:32:25 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:40:10AM -0700, Bob Haxo wrote:
> Regarding the replace triggering a DC election ... which is causing
> issues with scripted installs ... how do I determine which crm commands
> will NOT trigger this election?

It seems like every "configure commit" could possible result in
new election. But I'm not sure what does it depend on.

> I need a way of avoiding this election
> while installing.
>
> I'm finding that when repeating the scripted install with the same
> commands, sometimes the DC election gets triggered and sometimes it does
> not.

With the same configuration updates?

> With the DC election, these messages get logged, followed by the
> whole xml version of the configuration.
>
> Call cib_replace failed (-62): Timer expired

This is a problem connecting to the cib process, i.e. it's not
related to a configuration update (as it cannot proceed anyway).

> ERROR: 55: could not replace cib
> INFO: 55: offending xml: <configuration>
>
> Any suggestions for avoiding replacing rather than incrementally
> modifying the configuration?

Not right now. The configuration update process in crmsh needs to
be modified.

Thanks,

Dejan