[Pacemaker] Help required translating crm commands into pcs ones

Chris Feist cfeist at redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 15:38:26 EDT 2013

On 07/15/13 09:02, Alex Hemsley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have some telephony failover equipment (Digium R850 appliances) that came
> with a sample Pacemaker configuration using the “crm configure load update”
> method. Now we are using Fedora 18 Kernel 3.9.4-200 pacemaker 1.1.9-0.1, so pcs
> is the preferred management interface.
>
> For most of the commands provided I have been able to convert the crm commands
> into pcs syntax, however there are three still causing me difficulties, can
> anyone help? Below are the crm commands, I know they should become “pcs
> constraint” commands, but am uncertain how to reformat the arguments for pcs:
>
> location Asterisk-with-ping Asterisk \
>
>          rule $id="Asterisk-with-ping-rule" -inf: not_defined pingd or pingd lte 0
>
> colocation Everything-with-Asterisk inf: ( rseries0_ms:Master rseries1_ms:Master
> Asterisk_ms:Master ) ( ClusterIP Asterisk_fs ) Asterisk
>
> order Asterisk-after-Everything inf: ( rseries0_ms:promote rseries1_ms:promote
> Asterisk_ms:promote ) ( ClusterIP Asterisk_fs ) Asterisk:start

Alex,

Support for these rules was just recently added into pcs and are currently
present in F18.  If you'd like I can build you a test package for F18 (that will
be similiar to what will be released for F19 soon).

The syntax would look something like this:
pcs constraint location Asterisk rule -INFINITY: not_defined pingd or pingd lte

I'm still adding support for resource_sets (should be in by the end of this
week).  I can let you know as soon as that is ready to go.  But that syntax will
look something similiar to this:

pcs constraint colocation add ( Master rseries0 with Master rseries1_ms with
Master Asterisk_ms ) with (ClusterIP with Asterisk_fs) with (Asterisk) INFINITY

pcs constraint order add ( promote rseries0_ms then promote rseries1_ms then
promote Asterisk_ms ) then (ClusterIP then Asterisk_fs) then (start Asterisk)

Thanks!
Chris