[Pacemaker] RHEL6 - clam + pacemaker + clvmd

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Mon Jul 1 05:07:11 EDT 2013

01.07.2013 11:46, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to try RHEL6 based cluster with cman+pacemaker+clvmd.
> I've got simple test cluster running on two virtual machines
> according to clusters from scratch document. Please not, that
> since it's just test cluste for playing, I do not have any
> fencing device, although no quorum policy is set to freeze
> at least.
>
> Now the problem:
>
> I run cman service, then pacemaker service on both nodes.
> Everything starts as expected, one drbd volume starts in
> Master/Master configuration (driven by pacemaker).
>
> Then clvmd is started by pacemaker as well. Everything works
> as expected, except for node shutdown. Even if I cleanly
> shutdown node (clvmd stops), then whole cluster stuff,
> the second node hangs untill first node is started as well...

clvmd by default blocks if there are nodes in cluster which do not run
clvmd.

There was an attempt to solve this issue for corosync2 stack, that
exists as a patch to clvmd (posted to lvm list -
http://www.redhat.com/archives/lvm-devel/2012-November/msg00024.html).
For other stacks additional patching is needed (I expect that to be
possible for cman one too).