[Pacemaker] RHEL6 - clam + pacemaker + clvmd

Nikola Ciprich nikola.ciprich at linuxbox.cz
Mon Jul 1 04:46:07 EDT 2013

Hi,

I wanted to try RHEL6 based cluster with cman+pacemaker+clvmd.
I've got simple test cluster running on two virtual machines
according to clusters from scratch document. Please not, that
since it's just test cluste for playing, I do not have any
fencing device, although no quorum policy is set to freeze
at least.

Now the problem:

I run cman service, then pacemaker service on both nodes.
Everything starts as expected, one drbd volume starts in
Master/Master configuration (driven by pacemaker).

Then clvmd is started by pacemaker as well. Everything works
as expected, except for node shutdown. Even if I cleanly
shutdown node (clvmd stops), then whole cluster stuff,
the second node hangs untill first node is started as well...

I'd understand this if first node didn't shutdown cleanly, crashed
or so, but it seems to be stopping cleanly.

The problem also is, that I wasn't able to find much recent documentation
on running clvmd, there even is no resource script, so I've got
some hacked, it simply starts clvmd, activates clustered volume
groups, and stop action does the oposite.. (I'll gladly share
this if anyone is interested..)

Any hints on where should I look either for clues, documentation,
or what might be wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance

with best regards

nikola ciprich