[Pacemaker] RHEL6 - clam + pacemaker + clvmd

Nikola Ciprich nikola.ciprich at linuxbox.cz
Mon Jul 1 05:29:15 EDT 2013

> clvmd by default blocks if there are nodes in cluster which do not run
> clvmd.
>
> There was an attempt to solve this issue for corosync2 stack, that
> exists as a patch to clvmd (posted to lvm list -
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/lvm-devel/2012-November/msg00024.html).
> For other stacks additional patching is needed (I expect that to be
> possible for cman one too).

Hello Vladislav,

thanks for Your reply! I would not have any problem with switching
to corosync-driven CLVMD, but for some reason, only supported stack
in RHEL CLVMD is cman.. does somebody know why is that? Is it safe
to recompile clvmd with corosync support (+ apply mentioned patch)
and use that? I've been using corosync till now anyways, so I'd like
to stick to it if possible...

nik

> > I'd understand this if first node didn't shutdown cleanly, crashed
> > or so, but it seems to be stopping cleanly.
> >
> > The problem also is, that I wasn't able to find much recent documentation
> > on running clvmd, there even is no resource script, so I've got
> > some hacked, it simply starts clvmd, activates clustered volume
> > groups, and stop action does the oposite.. (I'll gladly share
> > this if anyone is interested..)
> >
> > Any hints on where should I look either for clues, documentation,
> > or what might be wrong?
> >
> > Thanks a lot in advance
> >
> > with best regards
> >
> > nikola ciprich