[Pacemaker] Different Corosync Rings for Different Nodes in Same Cluster?

Dan Frincu df.cluster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 04:42:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Andrew Martin <amartin at xes-inc.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am setting up a 3 node cluster with Corosync + Pacemaker on Ubuntu 12.04
> server. Two of the nodes are "real" nodes, while the 3rd is in standby mode
> as a quorum node. The two "real" nodes each have two NICs, one that is
> connected to a shared LAN and the other that is directly connected between
> the two nodes (for DRBD replication). The quorum node is only connected to
> the shared LAN. I would like to have multiple Corosync rings for redundancy,
> however I do not know if this would cause problems for the quorum node. Is
> it possible for me to configure the shared LAN as ring 0 (which all 3 nodes
> are connected to) and set the rrp_mode to passive so that it will use ring 0
> unless there is a failure, but to also configure the direct link between the
> two "real" nodes as ring 1?

Short answer, yes.

Longer answer. I have a setup with two nodes with two interfaces, one
is connected via a switch to the other node and one is a back-to-back
link for DRBD replication. In Corosync I have two rings, one that goes
via the switch and one via the back-to-back link (rrp_mode: active).
With rrp_mode: passive it should work the way you mentioned.

HTH,
Dan

> Thanks,
>
> Andrew