[Pacemaker] Different Corosync Rings for Different Nodes in Same Cluster?

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Thu Jun 28 11:13:03 EDT 2012

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the help. If I configure the network as I described - ring 0 as the network all 3 nodes are on, ring 1 as the network only 2 of the nodes are on, and using "passive" - and the ring 0 network goes down, corosync will start using ring 1. Does this mean that the quorum node will appear to be offline to the cluster? Will the cluster attempt to STONITH it? Once the ring 0 network is available again, will corosync transition back to using it as the communication ring, or will it continue to use ring 1 until it fails?

The ideal behavior would be when ring 0 fails it then communicates over ring 1, but keeps periodically checking to see if ring 0 is working again. Once it is, it returns to using ring 0. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Andrew