[Pacemaker] Different Corosync Rings for Different Nodes in Same Cluster?

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Tue Jun 26 14:53:07 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am setting up a 3 node cluster with Corosync + Pacemaker on Ubuntu 12.04 server. Two of the nodes are "real" nodes, while the 3rd is in standby mode as a quorum node. The two "real" nodes each have two NICs, one that is connected to a shared LAN and the other that is directly connected between the two nodes (for DRBD replication). The quorum node is only connected to the shared LAN. I would like to have multiple Corosync rings for redundancy, however I do not know if this would cause problems for the quorum node. Is it possible for me to configure the shared LAN as ring 0 (which all 3 nodes are connected to) and set the rrp_mode to passive so that it will use ring 0 unless there is a failure, but to also configure the direct link between the two "real" nodes as ring 1?

Thanks,

Andrew