[Pacemaker] Configuring a cluster for asymmetric operation

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 18:12:16 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

The server not running the RA is not monitoring the active resource on another server. The monitor action is being used to verify that the RA is _NOT_ running on the server it shouldn't be running on.  This is done when pacemaker starts up so it can be certain it knows the state of the cluster.

For example, say a daemon pacemaker is supposed to have control over was started before pacemaker... Pacemaker uses the monitor operation to detect that daemon is already running, otherwise pacemaker wouldn't know it was up and might try to start it somewhere else.

-- Vossel