[Pacemaker] Permission request for translating your document into Japanese

Motoharu Kubo mkubo at 3ware.co.jp
Mon Oct 26 03:06:07 EDT 2009

Hi Ikeda-san,

I am glad to see your message.

Of course I am welcome to work with you not only for translation but
also discussion how to spread HA technology in Japan.  I would like to
meet you on Sep. 29 after the seminar and discuss how to share our
experience and cooporate together.

Thank you very much for your attachment.  I am surprised and impressed
with that you almost finished.  As I am working on Docbook XML format,
so we would better how to merge your and my document.

I look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

Best Regards,
Motoharu Kubo]

> Hi Kubo-san,
>
> Thank you for your information about translation.
> NTT OSS Center is also trying to translate the documents of Pacemaker
> and Heartbeat into Japanese,
> and we would like to work together with you.
> I'm not a professional translator so there might be a lot of basic
> mistakes in my document,
> please see an attached file and I would greatly appreciate your advice
> regarding it.
> I wrote my document with Microsoft word format for now,
> and I'm now working on converting it into DocBook format using examples
> from Andrew's new xml document.
>
> I registered the following seminar.
> http://www.3ware.co.jp/seminar2.html
> I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with you after this seminar if
> you have time.
>

> Best Regards,
> Junko IKEDA
>
> NTT DATA INTELLILINK CORPORATION
>
> Toyosu Center Building Annex, 3-3-9,
> Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo
> 135-0061, Japan
> tel:+81-3-3534-4810
>

> On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:23:54 +0900, Motoharu Kubo <mkubo at 3ware.co.jp>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Mr. Andrew Beekhof,
>>
>> I would like to translate your "Pacemaker Configuration Explained" into
>> Japanese for my business and for Japanese users. Could you permit me to
>> translate your doc and publish it?
>>
>> In addition, if possible, could you send me the source file of this
>> document? For your info, I am writing Japanese version with Docbook
>> XML. I can convert it to PDF and HTML. For your info, I attached
>> on-going PDF file.
>>
>> Currently I am working on "Cluster Resources" chapter and am expecting
>> to finish translation by the end of year. I will be able to publish the
>> document in the form of HTML or PDF, if you prefer. Of course, I can
>> give you my work (Japanese version) so you will be able to publish at
>> the Pacemaker WIki.
>>
>> Finally, let me introduce myself. I am a president of ThirdWare,
>> dedicated for Linux support vendor. ThirdWare is its 13th year since
>> its foundation and has been working mainly on email solution and HA
>> solution. ThirdWare is a certified partner of LINBIT and is working on
>> DRBD based solution together with LINBIT. It is also a partner of SuSE
>> (Novell) :-) Recently we built 30TB iSCSI target cluster using DRBD,
>> Heartbeat and Pacemaker.
>>
>> I have experience of Heartbeat since its V1. However I did not want to
>> use V2 because XML is not friendly and I only needed 1-to-1 cluster.
>> However, Pacemaker V1 comes with the "crm" utility and it is quite easy
>> to use. So I decided to migrate from V1 style to Pacemaker.
>>
>> I personally am not a programmer, so I can not contribute by submitting
>> patch but I was a technical writer, so I can translate and write
>> documents.
>>
>> However, because Pacemaker is a newcomer, there is almost no information
> [...]

久保  元治             (株)サードウェア
Motoharu Kubo          274-0815 千葉県船橋市西習志野3-39-8
mkubo at 3ware.co.jp      URL: http://www.3ware.co.jp/
                       Phone: 047-496-3341  Fax: 047-496-3370
                       携帯:  090-6171-5545
 ★弊社からのメールはZ-Linuxメールフィルタで全数検査しています★