[Pacemaker] Permission request for translating your document into Japanese

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Oct 14 15:17:02 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Lars Ellenberg
> <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 04:31:08PM +0200, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>
>>> Anyone know a good PDF->HTML tool?
>>
>> If you had it in docbook xml,
>> conversion to pdf or html would be a nobrainer, right?
>
> Right.
> People couldn't possibly write a few dozen lines of pacemaker
> configuration in xml but I'm supposed to write a book with it?
> Don't think so buddy ;-)
>
>> Now, there is this "DocBook Roundtripping",
>> which claims to support Apple Pages.
>> First hit on google is:
>> http://www.explain.com.au/oss/docbook/
>>
>> Maybe you can leverage that,
>> use pages.app as your docbook xml "front end editor",
>> and have the best of both worlds?
>
> Looks very promising.  Thanks!

Looked promising but was a complete and utter debacle.
Zero documentation and almost all of the content was replaced with
"unknown paragraph style", which is a spectacularly stupid way to fail
to render what could easily be printed as plain text.

However, it seems Pages.app -> .doc -> OpenOffice -> docbook ->
xsltproc -> html is pretty close.
None of the images work, and I need to find a better stylesheet, but
its progress.