[Pacemaker] migrate_to op parameters ignored?

Alain St-Denis alain.st-denis at ec.gc.ca
Wed Oct 14 08:04:25 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to set "on_fail" to "block" for the migrate_to op but it seems it
is ignored. My reasoning is this: if my server hosts 15 Xen VMs, I don't want
one failed migration (for whatever reason) to take everything with it.
Currently, a failed migration causes a stonith and hence causes an unnecessary
reboot of all other VMs on that host. Am I missing something?

Also, It seems the timeout for migrate_to is bound to the value set for the
stop operation. Is that right? Why?

This is with pacemaker-heartbeat 1.0.4 on Debian Etch.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alain St-Denis
Supercomputing, Systems and Storage / Superinformatique, systèmes et stockage,