[Pacemaker] System Health backend part

Mark Hamzy hamzy at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 2 17:35:23 EDT 2009

andrew at beekhof.net wrote on 06/02/2009 16:46:55 PM:

> Do you think this should live in pacemaker or with the RAs?
> I'm inclined to think the latter but am open to persuasion.

Well, I think that these files do not fit within the Resource
Agent model.  While you could theoretically start and stop them,
they are tied to a system.  You do not fail them over to another
system based on a score.  Each system in a cluster will be
running those daemons.

I believe that general purpose solutions that follow standards should
live in pacemaker.  IPMI (
http://www.intel.com/design/servers/ipmi/ipmi.htm )
is one example.  It is supported by many computer manufacturers.

Mark