[Pacemaker] System Health backend part

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Jun 3 10:36:36 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Mark Hamzy <hamzy at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> andrew at beekhof.net wrote on 06/02/2009 16:46:55 PM:
>
>> Do you think this should live in pacemaker or with the RAs?
>> I'm inclined to think the latter but am open to persuasion.
>
> Well, I think that these files do not fit within the Resource
> Agent model.  While you could theoretically start and stop them,
> they are tied to a system.  You do not fail them over to another
> system based on a score.

Thats fine, neither do we do that for pingd, dlm, o2cb, ocfs2 and many more.
The only important thing is whether we should start them and keep them running.

Is that the case?

Of course if the daemons need pacemaker libraries to be built, then
Pacemaker is the right place to put them.

> Each system in a cluster will be running those daemons.

Same response as above.

-- Andrew