[Pacemaker] ANNOUNCE: Pacemaker 1.0.2 now available (maintenance release)

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Thu Feb 19 21:00:07 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:05:48AM +1100, Simon Horman wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:47:59AM +0100, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
> > hello simon,
> >
> > thanks for your work!
> >
> > Simon Horman wrote:
> > > I have made preliminary packages for Debian experimental,
> > > which should work with Debian unstable (sid). They are
> > > also likely to work on Debian stable (lenny), although
> > > I have not made any attempts to verify this.
> >
> > what about amd64 binaries? i wanted to test your binaries but can
> > only build my owns :)
>
> Once these packages are uploaded for Debian they will be automatically
> rebuilt for all architectures. In the mean time, I'll see about building
> some amd64 ones. But feel free to build your own :-)
>
> > > These pacemaker 1.0.2-1 packages can be found at:
> > > http://packages.vergenet.net/experimental/pacemaker/
> > >
> > > Heartbeat 2.99.2-1 packages can be found at:
> > > http://packages.vergenet.net/experimental/heartbeat/
> >
> > again - what about using a more recent version? e.g. the ones tagged
> > for SLES?
> >
> > after testing heartbeat 2.99.x (currently 2da4c7de9e28) and pacemaker
> > "1.0.2pre" (currently f228d820ba27) for quite some time now, i would
> > not recommend anything prior to this versions.
>
> Thanks, that sounds like a reasonable request.

I have spent some time on producing 2.99.2+sles11r2 pacakges.
However I have hit a few problems with regards to dependancies*.
Hence the delay in making them available.

* I have a cicular dependancy between pacemaker and heartebat.
  After speaking with Andrew Beekhof I now know that
  pacemaker should depend on hearbteat and not the other way around.

  I also need to sort our a way for pacemaker to depend
  on specific so versions of libraries provided by heartbeat.
  I will most likely do this by having "Provides: liblrm2..." in
  the heartbaet binary package.

--
Simon Horman
  VA Linux Systems Japan K.K., Sydney, Australia Satellite Office