[Pacemaker] very urgent

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 02:59:57 EST 2009

On Feb 16, 2009, at 8:48 AM, Glory Smith wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I need an urgent help . i am planning to use suse 11 openais
> cluster. i need to know one very basic question . how does it handle
> data intigrity.

The same way heartbeat did (if you're familiar with that).
Check out the section on STONITH in the configuration explained
document (http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/Documentation)

> i have seen some document on  scsi2reservation

my understanding is that this is being used as a form of stonith

> but that does not persist during node reboot.  i have seen some
> disussion that Persistent reservation (Scsi -3) is not available on
> suse 11 but i am very much sure that there must be something you ppl
> are using to protect your data and address data intigrity issue
> during spilit brain.

also check out the no-quorum-policy setting that applies to split-brain