[Pacemaker] crm_resource enhancement requests

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu May 15 08:23:49 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-15T14:13:17, Dominik Klein <dk at in-telegence.net> wrote:

> -W -r $groupid should not report "running" when the group is only partially
> running or say "partially running".

History teaches that this isn't a good idea; "running" and "partially
running" both match the "*running*" pattern.

Or in any case, the printed statement should only be advisory (for
humans) and scripts should instead get a specific exit code to check
for.

> -M could check whether there is any node with a positive score for the
> resource before entering the -INFINITY constraint and refuse entering the
> migration constraint if there is no node we could migrate to.

-M means "get it away from here", which is not the same as "move it
somewhere else". Besides, checking for a node with a positive score
requires a full PE run, I'm not sure that's desirable.

> -M -H $nodename should check whether $nodename has a score of -INFINITY or
> a failcount of INFINITY (which wouldnt allow $resource to run there even
> with the added constraint of score INFINITY) and refuse entering the
> migration constraint if any of that is true.

Same here.

Even if implemented, --force of course should disable those safety
checks.

> Comments?

I like 1 out of 3 ;-)

Regards,