[Pacemaker] Two node cluster and no hardware device for stonith.

Andrea a.bacchi at codices.com
Thu Feb 5 11:08:56 EST 2015

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.0/html/Pacemaker_Explained/ch09s03s03s02.html
> >     If the node can't see iscsi target..then..stop AppServer, Filesystem ecc
> >
> >     But it doesn't works. In the node with network failure i see in the
> >     log that
> >     pingd is set to 0 but Filesystem resource doesn't stop.
> >
> >     I will continue testing...
> >
> >     Thanks
> >     Andrea

Hi

I test location constraint with ping resource to stop resource on
disconnected node, but with stonith active, doesn't works

I used dummy resource for test
[ONE]pcs resource create mydummy ocf:pacemaker:Dummy op monitor
interval=120s  --clone

Ping resource
[ONE] pcs resource create ping ocf:pacemaker:ping dampen=5s multiplier=1000
host_list=pingnode --clone

Location Constraint
[ONE]pcs constraint location mydummy rule score=-INFINITY pingd lt 1 or
not_defined pingd

If the pingnode became not visible on node2, I will see pingd attribute on
node2 set to 0 and dummy resources stop on node2.
If I cut off nentire network on node2, I will see pingd attribute on node2
set to 0 bud dummy resource never stop.
During network failure...stonith agent is active and try to fence node 1
without success.
Why? Is the failed fence action that block location constraint?

Andrea