[Pacemaker] Linux HA setup for CentOS 6.5

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Oct 16 01:51:55 EDT 2014

On 16/10/14 12:31 AM, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker wrote:
> I believe there was a change 6.4 -> 6.5 that moved from openais to
> cman…  I believe in rhel7 it is going back..
>
> I ran into this problem when I upgraded my centos 6.2 -> 6.5..

To elaborate a little on Andrew's post;

The cman package used openais in RHEL 5 for cluster communications and
membership. In RHEL 6, openais was replaced by corosync, which was
basically a stripped down and HA focused openais (openais itself became
an optional corosync plugin for people who wanted the full AIS API).

RHEL7 is not "going back" at all. In fact, cman (and rgmanager) are gone
entirely and the stack has unified on corosync + pacemaker on all major
distros now.

I've got an incomplete history of all this here:

https://alteeve.ca/w/History_of_HA_Clustering

Cheers

--
Digimer