[Pacemaker] Linux HA setup for CentOS 6.5

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Oct 16 01:49:05 EDT 2014

On 16/10/14 12:14 AM, Sihan Goi wrote:
> After following the guide, I've successfully managed to get Apache
> server up and running in the cluster as an active/passive setup, but
> with some differences. My cluster stack is stated as being cman while
> the guide's is openais. Not sure if that's a problem. Also, some
> commands in the guide don't seem to work.

If you can provide examples of what issues you're having, I will be
happy to try an help.

> I'm moving on to DRBD installation now, but when I do a "yum install
> drbd-pacemaker drbd-udev", these packages are not available. After some
> googling, it seems that drbd83-utils/kmod-drbd83 or
> drbd84-utils/kmod-drbd84 is available via another repo. Does this work
> with the guide?

You need to get them from a 3rd party repo (or install from source). I
personally still use 8.3.16 (consistency during "Anvil!" generations),
but I know that 8.4 is fine on EL6 (and EL7, to address an earlier
comment). I have my own repos with these packages, but you would likely
be better served using the ELRepo ones.

https://alteeve.ca/w/AN!Cluster_Tutorial_2#Installing_DRBD

The only real difference is to s/83/84/:

+ yum install drbd84-utils kmod-drbd84
- yum install drbd83-utils kmod-drbd83

If you run into any troubles, please share details and I am sure we'll
get you sorted out in no time.

Cheers

--
Digimer