[Pacemaker] 2-node cluster with shared storage: what is current solution

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Wed Mar 19 12:14:00 EDT 2014

On 2014-03-19T19:20:35, Саша Александров <shurrman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, we got shared storage over multipath FC there, so we need to move from
> drbd to shared storage. And I got totally confused now - I can not find a
> guide on how to set things up. I see two options:
> - use gfs2
> - use ext4 with sbd

If you don't need concurrent access from both nodes to the same file
system, using ext4/XFS in a fail-over configuration is to be preferred
over the complexity of a cluster file system like GFS2/OCFS2.

RHT has chosen to not ship sbd, unfortunately, so you can't use this
very reliable fencing mechanism on CentOS/RHEL. Or you'd have to build
it yourself. Assuming you have hardware fencing right now, you can
continue to use that too.

Regards,
    Lars

--