[Pacemaker] votequorum for 2 node cluster

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Wed Jun 11 10:45:28 EDT 2014

On 06/11/14 16:35, Kostiantyn Ponomarenko wrote:
> And that is like roulette, in case we lose the lowest nodeid we lose all.
> So I can lose only the node which doesn't have the lowest nodeid?
> And it's not useful in 2 node cluster.
> Am i correct?

It may be usefull. If you define roles of the nodes, like this:

– node 2: 'master' node
– node 1: 'backup' node

and monitor node availability to replace backup when it fails, then you
can get quite a high availability.

It won't work in Active/Active or peer-to-peer (all nodes equal) setups,
though.

Greets,
  Jacek