[Pacemaker] crm_gui and its dependencies

Jan Bicek jbicek at sgi.com
Mon Feb 24 08:13:21 EST 2014

Distribution is gentoo and dependencies are:

LT-jbicek ~ # USE="heartbeat" emerge -pv sys-cluster/pacemaker-gui

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/libaio-0.3.109-r4  USE="(multilib) -static-libs {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ] sys-cluster/libqb-0.14.4  USE="-debug -doc -examples -static-libs {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ] net-misc/netkit-telnetd-0.17-r10  0 kB
[ebuild  N     ] sys-cluster/cluster-glue-1.0.11  USE="-doc -libnet -static-libs" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ] sys-cluster/resource-agents-3.9.5  USE="-doc -libnet -rgmanager" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ] sys-cluster/heartbeat-3.0.5-r1  USE="-doc -snmp -static-libs" 527 kB
[ebuild  N     ] sys-cluster/pacemaker-1.1.10  USE="acl heartbeat -cman -smtp -snmp -static-libs" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ] sys-cluster/pacemaker-gui-2.1.2  USE="gtk heartbeat nls -snmp -static-libs" 0 kB

Total: 8 packages (8 new), Size of downloads: 527 kB

* IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
* Use eselect news to read news items.

so almost all.
I have already asked on gentoo-cluster irc channel and i was told that these dependecies are not because of them.

thank you very much
H.

PS: I will try to get some information about hawk, because it looks exactly like what i need.

On 2014-02-24T10:21:29, Jan Bicek <jbicek at sgi.com<mailto:jbicek at sgi.com>> wrote:

> Hi, i would like to ask, if it is necessary to crm_gui have all this
> dependencies. I would appreciate that crm_gui would be independent piece
> of sw, so i could install only it to my notebook a use it to manage a
> few clusters. Would it be possible?

What dependencies are troubling you in particular? It only has
dependencies on libraries it actually uses. And on what distribution?
Probably packaging differs between them.

Note that crm_gui is no longer actively maintained; the graphical
frontend that we advocate now is "hawk", based on top of the crm shell.
Since that is web-based, clusters can be managed from any browser with
no need for a client side install.

Regards,
    Lars