[Pacemaker] howto group resources without having an order

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Tue Nov 26 07:33:23 EST 2013

Am Dienstag, 26. November 2013, 12:14:59 schrieb Bauer, Stefan:
> Hi,
>
> What does the resource p_eth0 do exactly?
> -> It simply adds an alias ocf:heartbeat:IPadr2

What do you mean by "alias". The ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 adds a secondary IP
address to a interface.

> What does the conntractd resource exactly do? netfilter connection tracking.
> Shouldn't this be master on one node and slave on the other node?
> -> No, that is correct, i handle this with an init-skript, that takes care
> of the session sync at the correct time. This is working and has been
> tested.

Ok. netfilter's connection tracking sync daemon is called the same way.

> Colocate the openvpn resources with the resource that they really depend on,
> i.e. the interface. No order collocation needs to be involved, but would be
> nice. -> That sounds good.
>
> Best: You tell us what you want to achieve and we tell you how.
> -> Build a openvpn server with 20 vpn tunnels. If one vpn tunnel is not
> working, restart it - but restart only this openvpn process and not all
> openvpn processes. (default behavior if openvpn lsb script is in use). I
> want to setup for each tunnel/configuration an independent resource in the
> cluster.
>
> Stefan

Makes sense.

group myGroup resIPAddr resMyConntrackService
colocation c-1 inf: resOpenVPN1 myGroup
colocation c-2 inf: resOpenVPN2 myGroup
(...)

As Lars already noted. Or make a constraint set, as Florian already noted:

colocation c-set inf: (OVPN1 OVPN2 ...) myGroup

Greetings,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--