[Pacemaker] howto group resources without having an order

Bauer, Stefan (IZLBW Extern) Stefan.Bauer at iz.bwl.de
Tue Nov 26 07:14:59 EST 2013

Hi,

What does the resource p_eth0 do exactly?
-> It simply adds an alias ocf:heartbeat:IPadr2

What does the conntractd resource exactly do? netfilter connection tracking.
Shouldn't this be master on one node and slave on the other node?
-> No, that is correct, i handle this with an init-skript, that takes care of the session sync at the correct time. This is working and has been tested.

Colocate the openvpn resources with the resource that they really depend on, i.e. the interface. No order collocation needs to be involved, but would be nice.
-> That sounds good.

Best: You tell us what you want to achieve and we tell you how.
-> Build a openvpn server with 20 vpn tunnels. If one vpn tunnel is not working, restart it - but restart only this openvpn process and not all openvpn processes. (default behavior if openvpn lsb script is in use). I want to setup for each tunnel/configuration an independent resource in the cluster.

Stefan