[Pacemaker] Use of Pacemaker to configure a new resource

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Wed Nov 20 18:28:54 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----

Yes, you could make your own custom OCF script to manage WANProxy, or you could potentially have pacemaker start WANProxy using whatever init script is shipped with the daemon as well.

> So my primary question is that can Pacemaker be used to start WANProxy
> compression on different machine when one of my machine fails?

yes, This sounds like basic resource failover, which is the primary reason people use Pacemaker.

> The command to start WANProxy is
> wanproxy -c /home/user_name/server_v2.conf
>
> Also , I want to know if by using some parameters
>
> in Resource Agents, can pacemaker also modify configuration files of
> compression tools like WANProxy, ssl ,ssh?

Pacemaker simply executes resource-agent scripts and is not concerned with what those scripts do.  If you want to modify configuration files for some reason, build that logic into your custom OCF scripts and pacemaker will execute.

-- Vossel