[Pacemaker] CentOS 6.4 and CFS.

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Fri Nov 15 05:57:37 EST 2013

On 15 Nov 2013, at 5:56 pm, Rob Thomas <xrobau at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I'm a long time corosync fan, and I've recently come back into the
> fold to change everything I've previously written to pcs, because
> that's the new cool thing.
>
> Sadly, things seem to be a bit broken.
>
> Here's how things have gone today!
>
> I managed to get things kinda sorta working with the old 1.1.8 version
> of PCS on CentOS 6.4.  I wasn't happy with it, but I went 'meh,
> that'll do, I'll fix it all with pacemaker 1.1.10'.
>
> No such luck.
>
> So, I create a few test resources and that all seems to work. Excellent.
>
> Now I want to start working on failing things over properly, 'pcs
> cluster standby node-a'
>
> Error: node 'node-a' does not appear to exist in configuration
>
> Looking through the pcs code, it's now checking that the node exists
> in /etc/corosync/corosync.conf

Noooo.  Not on RHEL-6 anyway.
Before I address the rest of your email, you need to be using pacemaker with cman (cluster.conf) as described at:

   http://clusterlabs.org/quickstart-redhat.html

and:

   https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6-Beta/html/Configuring_the_Red_Hat_High_Availability_Add-On_with_Pacemaker/ch-clusteradmin-HAAR.html

If you're still having issues after reading one or more of those, we'll be only too happy to help :)