[Pacemaker] CentOS 6.4 and CFS.

Rob Thomas xrobau at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 01:56:53 EST 2013

So I'm a long time corosync fan, and I've recently come back into the
fold to change everything I've previously written to pcs, because
that's the new cool thing.

Sadly, things seem to be a bit broken.

Here's how things have gone today!

I managed to get things kinda sorta working with the old 1.1.8 version
of PCS on CentOS 6.4.  I wasn't happy with it, but I went 'meh,
that'll do, I'll fix it all with pacemaker 1.1.10'.

No such luck.

So, I create a few test resources and that all seems to work. Excellent.

Now I want to start working on failing things over properly, 'pcs
cluster standby node-a'

Error: node 'node-a' does not appear to exist in configuration

Looking through the pcs code, it's now checking that the node exists
in /etc/corosync/corosync.conf

Well that's cool, I can generate a conf with 'pcs cluster auth' and
'pcs cluster setup' according to CFS. No. No I can't.  pcs cluster
auth and pcs cluster setup requires pcsd (I assume?  Whatever's meant
to be listening on port 2224) but that appears to be missing in RHEL
based distros.

(This is, apparently, by design according to
https://github.com/feist/pcs/issues/3 which is - admittedly - quite
old)

OK, so I'll create the corosync config file based on the template I
found in /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pcs/corosync.conf.template
-- except that one isn't used, and only the fedora.template is.

The fedora template specifies that it's using a pacemaker service,
but.. I thought that had been deprecated and removed?

So. I'm now at the point where I'm confused.

Question:  Am I doing something basically and fundamentally wrong? Is
there a step that I've missed that generates the corosync.conf file
that's required now?  If not, can I just use the .template one, or,
should I be using the .fedora.template with 6.4?

I normally would just derp around with it and add my old corosync.conf
file and keep playing, but, I have to wander off to geek at a Roller
Derby thing tonight, so I thought I may throw it to the crowds before
I start going down too many blind alleys.

Question 2: What else is going to bite me? 8)

Sorry for the length!

--Rob