[Pacemaker] Does LVM resouce agent conflict with UDEV rules?

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Thu Mar 7 03:50:49 EST 2013

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 22:41:51 +0100
Sven Arnold <sven.arnold at localite.de> wrote:
> In fact, disabling the udev rule
>
> SUBSYSTEM=="block", ACTION=="add|change",
> ENV{ID_FS_TYPE}=="lvm*|LVM*",\ RUN+="watershed sh -c '/sbin/lvm
> vgscan; /sbin/lvm vgchange -a y'"
>
> seems to resolve the problem for me.

This rule looks like asking for problems in clustered LVM environment.
It activates all volumes, non exclusively, as soon as the PV becomes
available - it leaves no place for any management by the cluster
software. I don't think this came from LVM upstream, rather it looks
like some Ubuntu invention.

Removing this rule and activating the volumes in a controlled manner
(e.g. via the LVM resource agent) seems the right way.

Greets,
	Jacek