[Pacemaker] Question about the behavior when a pacemaker's process crashed

Kazunori INOUE inouekazu at intellilink.co.jp
Wed Jul 24 05:40:09 EDT 2013

(13.07.18 19:23), Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> On 17/07/2013, at 6:53 PM, Kazunori INOUE <inouekazu at intellilink.co.jp> wrote:
>
>> (13.07.16 21:18), Andrew Beekhof wrote:

>>> This makes no sense. Sorry.
>>> It is wrong to induce more downtime than absolutely necessary just to make a test pass.
>>
>> If careful of the increase in downtime, isn't it better to prevent fencing, in this case?
>
> With hindsight, yes.
> But we have no way of knowing at the time.
> If you want pacemaker to wait some time for it to come back, you can set crmd-transition-delay which will achieve the same thing it does for attrd.

I think that only a little is suitable for my demand because crmd-transition-delay is delay.

>> Because pacemakerd respawns a broken child process, so the cluster will return to a online state.
>> If so, does subsequent fencing not increase a downtime?
>
> Yes, but only we know that because we have more knowledge than the cluster.

Is it because stack is corosync?
In pacemaker-1.0 with heartbeat, behavior when a child process crashed can be specified by ha.cf.
- when specified 'pacemaker respawn', the cluster will recover to online.
- when specified 'pacemaker on', the node will reboot by oneself.
I want to perform a setup and operation (established practice) equivalent to it.