[Pacemaker] Mini fence_virtd / fence_xvm tutorial

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Tue Jul 2 00:45:41 EDT 2013

01.07.2013 22:51, Digimer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I wanted to elaborate on Andrew's "Guest Fencing"[1] tutorial to make
> it a bit easier for newer users to follow. I also updated it for Fedora
> 18/19 as well.
>
>   It's the first release, so there is certainly typos, mistakes and
> what-not. Any feedback would be much appreciated!
>
> https://alteeve.ca/w/Fencing_KVM_Virtual_Servers

Nice.

I would add a big chapter about multi-hypervisor setups: QMF server (you
may even try redundancy with newer qpidd, although I didn't make it work
with some early version), interaction of fence_virtd with it and
installation/configuration of libvirt-qmf on hypervisors.
And, you may have more that one fence_virtd (for redundancy).

Also, that should be noted that fence_xvm needs tcp connections to come
to it. Also, it listens on a predefined port, so two copies cannot run
at the same time.

Above is what comes to mind immediately.

Vladislav