[Pacemaker] question on resource colocation

Florian Crouzat gentoo at floriancrouzat.net
Wed Dec 18 11:39:20 EST 2013

Le 18/12/2013 17:20, Brusq, Jerome a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> It is maybe a stupid question… Sorry I’m a new user of pacemaker.

Not at all.

> I have 2 nodes and 5 resources (resource1, resource2, resource3,
> resource4 and resource5). The 5 resources have to work together on the
> same node.
>
> I tried the feature group and colocation .. but I have always the same
> issue :
>
> When node2 is power off, node1 is active and all resources are up. If
> service3 fails, pacemaker stops resource4 and resource5 as well  (I have
> read this is the normal behavior)…

This is because group is a syntaxic shortcut for colocation + ordering.
The important word here beeing "ordering". If you stop 3, then 4 and 5
will stop as they *require* 3 to be up.

> Is there a way for pacemaker to restart only service3 ?

I think you would have to remove your group and create all the
colocations constraints and no ordering constraits. I'm not sure it's
possible to create a group of unordered resources.

--
Cheers,
Florian Crouzat