[Pacemaker] cman heartbeat / interconnect configuration

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Fri Dec 13 07:46:29 EST 2013

Am Freitag, 13. Dezember 2013, 13:34:24 schrieb Dvorak Andreas:
> Dear all,
>
> after a little break I am coming back to my problem to configure heartbeat /
> interconnect with cman. Meanwhile I know that cman is the recommended stack
> on RHEL6.
> I have a pacemaker cluster with cman that is working, but now a would like
> to configure special interfaces for the direct node communication
> (heartbeat / interconnect /keep alive).
>
> Unfortunately I do not understand how configure the interfaces. Can you
> please give me an advice? Currently the cluster uses

(...)

hi,

cman gets its config from /etc/cluster/cluster.conf.

in the clusternode tag you have the name attribute. cman get the IP address
from that name and uses this interface as interface for the cluster
configuration.

You have name="sv2827". This names resolves to 10.15.28.27 and thus corosync
uses bond0 for the communication in the cluster.

If you want more interfaces you have to use the altname attribute (tag?) in
cluster.conf. Configure a alternative name of the node that resolves into an
other IP address. You can do this by adding the new IP / name to the
/etc/hosts.

If you do not want to use your productive interfaces, just configure a
different name in the clusternode tag. Be sure to have a bond device or two
single interfaces for redundant communication.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--