[Pacemaker] configuration of stonith

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Mon Dec 9 04:44:59 EST 2013

Am Montag, 9. Dezember 2013, 07:42:59 schrieb Masopust, Christian:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > just two questions about setting these stonith:
> > >
> > > - shouldn't the delay's be different to avoid a stonith-battle?
> >
> > As Emmanuel said, yes, it is needed to avoid dual-fencing in two-node
> > clusters, though the issue is not restricted to rhcs (or any HA
> > clustering that allows two nodes).
> >
> > The node with the 'delay="15"' will have a 15 second
> > head-start, so in a
> > network partition triggered fence, the node with the delay
> > should always
> > live and the node without the delay will be immediately fenced.
> >
> > > - when creating these stonith I see them both started on one single
> > >
> > >   node. Don't I need some location constraints?  Such that
> >
> > "fence_pcmk1"
> >
> > >   only runs on pcmk2 and vice versa?
> >
> > What version of pacemaker are you using?
>
> Hi Digimer,
>
> first when seeing this behaviour there was version 1.1.8. This weekend
> I've updated to 1.1.10 (latest available with CentOS 6.5) and now I see
> that fence_pcmk1 is started at pcmk1 and fence_pcmk2 at pcmk2.
> Is that correct? To my (probably wrong) understanding it should be
> vice-versa, shouldn't it?

fence_pcmk1 is the resource that can fence node pcmk1. If that resource runs
on node pcmk1 it is useless since node 2 has to be able to fence node 1.

Add location constraints that prevent the fencing resource that can fence node
1 trunning on node 1.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff