[Pacemaker] Why Pacemaker automatically creates constraints ?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Fri Dec 6 04:12:57 EST 2013

On 2013-12-06T09:54:19, Gaëtan Slongo <gslongo at it-optics.com> wrote:

> I know this is caused by the "-inf" but I don't explicitly created this
> constraint ... Pacemaker did it himself... :-(

No, it did this because you *asked it to*.

> This constraint is also created when the resource moves automatically.

No. This is incorrect. The cluster does not create constraints
automatically.

> Then after a successfuly (and automatic) "move" the resource is
> "blocked" on the current node until I remove this constraint.

Right.

> When I do a manual move I have this message :
>
> crm(live)# resource migrate drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1
> WARNING: Creating rsc_location constraint
> 'cli-standby-drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1' with a score of
> -INFINITY for resource drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1 on keskonrix1.
>     This will prevent drbd_master_slave_ServicesConfigs1 from running on
> keskonrix1 until the constraint is removed using the 'crm_resource -U'
> command or manually with cibadmin
>     This will be the case even if keskonrix1 is the last node in the cluster
>     This message can be disabled with -Q
>

> Which explain my problem in another words.

The help already explains what's happening.

Have you tried reading the man page or the help? "crm resource help migrate", or "man crm_resource"

If you don't want this, do not manually move resources.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA