[Pacemaker] Pacemaker 1.1.10 and pacemaker-remote

James Oakley jfunk at funktronics.ca
Thu Dec 5 11:57:48 EST 2013

I have Pacemaker 1.1.10 cluster running on openSUSE 13.1 and I am trying to get pacemaker-remote working so I can manage resources in LXC containers. I have pacemaker_remoted running in the containers.

However, I can't seem to get crm configured to talk to the daemons. The only documentation I found is the pcs-centric doc here:

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html-single/Pacemaker_Remote/#idm272823453136

I'm using crm, and not pcs, but it plainly states that all I need to do is set the remote-node meta to the hostname on the LXC resource.

Unfortunately, crm does not let me add it. I tried forcing it using crm_resource, but it's not working. It shows up now:

primitive lxc_db0 @lxc \
        params container="db0" config="/var/lib/lxc/db0/config" \
        meta remote-node="db0"

But verify doesn't like it:

crm(live)configure# verify
   error: setup_container:      Resource lxc_db0: Unknown resource container (db0)
   error: setup_container:      Resource lxc_db1: Unknown resource container (db1)
Errors found during check: config not valid
ERROR: lxc_db0: attribute remote-node does not exist
ERROR: lxc_db1: attribute remote-node does not exist

What am I missing? Is this somehow disabled on non-pcs clusters, and if so, why is the pacemaker-remote package even in the openSUSE repositories and pcs not?

--
James Oakley
jfunk at funktronics.ca