[Pacemaker] Pacemaker 1.1.10 and pacemaker-remote

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Fri Dec 6 03:41:55 EST 2013

On 2013-12-06T08:55:47, Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble at hoster-ok.com> wrote:

> BTW, pacemaker cib accepts any meta attributes (and that is very
> convenient way for me to store some 'meta' information), while crmsh
> limits them to a pre-defined list. While that is probably fine for
> novices, that limits some advanced usage scenarios, that's why I
> disabled that check by a patch for my builds.

That's intentional. You're "polluting" a namespace that doesn't belong to
you. Any update that introduces a new feature could potentially collide
with your key/value pairs. Also, the CIB really isn't performant enough
to store meta data like this.

If by "advanced" you mean "abusing cluster features", yes, then I agree,
that are scenarios we want to limit ;-)

Regards,
    Lars

--