[Pacemaker] Pacemaker 1.1.10 and pacemaker-remote

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Fri Dec 6 00:55:47 EST 2013

05.12.2013 19:57, James Oakley wrote:
> I have Pacemaker 1.1.10 cluster running on openSUSE 13.1 and I am
> trying to get pacemaker-remote working so I can manage resources in LXC
> containers. I have pacemaker_remoted running in the containers.
>
> However, I can't seem to get crm configured to talk to the daemons.
> The only documentation I found is the pcs-centric doc here:
>

> http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html-single/Pacemaker_Remote/#idm272823453136
>
> I'm using crm, and not pcs, but it plainly states that all I need to
> do is set the remote-node meta to the hostname on the LXC resource.
>
> Unfortunately, crm does not let me add it. I tried forcing it using
> crm_resource, but it's not working. It shows up now:
>
> primitive lxc_db0 @lxc \ params container="db0"
> config="/var/lib/lxc/db0/config" \ meta remote-node="db0"

Does 'db0' resolve to a correct IP address? If not, then you probably
want either fix that or use remote-addr option as well. I saw that you
can ping/ssh that container, but it is not clear did you use 'db0' name
for that or IP address.

> But verify doesn't like it:
>
> crm(live)configure# verify
>    error: setup_container:      Resource lxc_db0: Unknown resource container (db0)
>    error: setup_container:      Resource lxc_db1: Unknown resource container (db1)
> Errors found during check: config not valid
> ERROR: lxc_db0: attribute remote-node does not exist
> ERROR: lxc_db1: attribute remote-node does not exist

You can use check_mode=relaxed crmsh userpref to downgrade that error to
a warning until it is fixed.

BTW, pacemaker cib accepts any meta attributes (and that is very
convenient way for me to store some 'meta' information), while crmsh
limits them to a pre-defined list. While that is probably fine for
novices, that limits some advanced usage scenarios, that's why I
disabled that check by a patch for my builds.

It would better look for meta attributes 'similar' to a known ones, f.e.
target_role vs target-role, and warn about them only.