[Pacemaker] Why Pacemaker automatically creates constraints ?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Fri Dec 6 03:39:28 EST 2013

On 2013-12-06T09:00:32, Gaëtan Slongo <gslongo at it-optics.com> wrote:

> OK I understand, but this makes troubles for me... Example: When the
> node holding the resource (and the constraint) reboots the resource is
> not moving to the other node (because of this constraint, I see on the
> debug logs no node can hold the resource). As soon as I remove this
> constraint, the resource migrates...
>
> What's your mind about that ?

Don't create a constraint with a "-infinity" score in that case. As
documented, that forces the resource away from where it currently runs,
"at all costs". That's the default if you don't specify a target node.

Or set an expiry life time after which should no longer be considered.
Or set a different score.

Why do you need to manually move resources anyway? In general, this is
not necessary.

Regards,
    Lars

--