[Pacemaker] Pacemaker 1.1.10 and pacemaker-remote

James Oakley jfunk at funktronics.ca
Thu Dec 5 13:10:08 EST 2013

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:21:18 AM "Lars Marowsky-Bree" <lmb at suse.com> wrote:
> > primitive lxc_db0 @lxc \
> >         params container="db0" config="/var/lib/lxc/db0/config" \
> >         meta remote-node="db0"
>
> I think this is because crm doesn't know about the remote-node
> attribute. It can render it, but it doesn't pass verify. Kristoffer?

That's why I used crm_resource to add it. If I dump the config with cibadmin, it looks consistent with the example here:

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html-single/Pacemaker_Remote/#_mile_high_view_of_configuration_steps

<primitive id="lxc_db0" template="lxc">
  <instance_attributes id="lxc_db0-instance_attributes">
    <nvpair name="container" value="db0" id="lxc_db0-instance_attributes-container"/>
    <nvpair name="config" value="/var/lib/lxc/db0/config" id="lxc_db0-instance_attributes-config"/>
  </instance_attributes>
  <meta_attributes id="lxc_db0-meta_attributes">
    <nvpair id="lxc_db0-meta_attributes-remote-node" name="remote-node" value="db0"/>
    <nvpair id="lxc_db0-meta_attributes-target-role" name="target-role" value="Started"/>
  </meta_attributes>
</primitive>

However, the nodes do not show up in crm status output as in the examples in the documentation. I also tried creating a resource to run on a remote node, but it said the node didn't exist.

> > What am I missing? Is this somehow disabled on non-pcs clusters, and if so,
> > why is the pacemaker-remote package even in the openSUSE repositories and
> > pcs not?
>
> We do provide pcs, but not as part of 13.1. Note that the preferred
> shell on openSUSE/SLE HA is and will remain crmsh, not pcs.

Oh yes, I plan to use whatever is provided/recommend by SuSE, as I always have. I am just confused why pacemaker-remote is provided if it only works with pcs, which is not. However, it looks like it's not even a crm vs pcs thing, but a problem with Pacemaker itself as provided.

> pacemaker-remote isn't fully tested on openSUSE yet. We welcome feedback
> and patches. ;-)

I would be happy to provide feedback or a patch, but I don't even know where to start on this. All I can say is that pacemaker-remoted itself is running fine and listening on it's port. It's the Pacemaker side I'm having trouble with.

--
James Oakley
jfunk at funktronics.ca