[Pacemaker] Why Pacemaker automatically creates constraints ?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Thu Dec 5 12:18:30 EST 2013

On 2013-12-05T17:12:01, Gaëtan Slongo <gslongo at it-optics.com> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I'm trying to configure a cluster using pacemaker 1.1 and corosync since
> 2 days (on Debian wheezy). Many of my current problems are related to
> the contraint creation. When I manually move a resource (or when a
> failback occurs) this kind of constraint is automatically created :

It's not "automatically" created - it is created explicitly in response
to your "manual" resource move. The way how resources are moved in
Pacemaker is just this: by creating a constraint in the configuration.

There is no other state in Pacemaker policy but what you see in the CIB.
Any and all configuration changes are reflected there.

Similarly, when you "unmove" a resource, the tools will remove that
constraint as well. You can also make it time-dependent so that it
expires after a while automatically.

Regards,
    Lars

--