[Pacemaker] cman + corosync + pacemaker + fence_scsi

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Mon Apr 29 23:14:22 EDT 2013

On 26/04/2013, at 4:25 PM, Angel L. Mateo <amateo at um.es> wrote:

> El 26/04/13 02:01, Andrew Beekhof escribió:
>>
>> On 24/04/2013, at 10:48 PM, Angel L. Mateo <amateo at um.es> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> 	I'm trying to configure a 2 node cluster in ubuntu with cman + corosync + pacemaker (the use of cman is because it is recommended at pacemaker quickstart). In order to solve the split brain in the 2 node cluster I'm using qdisk.
>>
>> If you want to use qdisk, then you need something newer than 1.1.8 (which did not know how to filter qdisk from the membership).
>>
> 	Oopps. I have cman 3.1.7, corosync 1.4.2 and pacemaker 1.1.6 (the ones provided with ubuntu 12.04).
>
> 	My purpose for using qdisk is to solve split brain problem in my two nodes cluster. Another suggestion for this?

Another node (with standby=true) might be an option.
Or try and get a newer version.

>>> For fencing, I'm trying to use fence_scsi and in this point I'm having the problem. I have attached my cluster.conf.
>>>
>>> xml <node id="/dev/block/8:33" type="normal" uname="/dev/block/8:33"/>
>>> node myotis51
>>> node myotis52
>>> primitive cluster_ip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
>>> 	params ip="155.54.211.167" \
>>> 	op monitor interval="30s"
>>> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
>>> 	dc-version="1.1.6-9971ebba4494012a93c03b40a2c58ec0eb60f50c" \
>>> 	cluster-infrastructure="cman" \
>>> 	stonith-enabled="false" \
>>> 	last-lrm-refresh="1366803979"
>>>
>>> 	At this moment I'm trying just with an IP resource, but at the end I'll get LVM resources and dovecot server running in top of them.
>>>
>>> 	The problem I have is that whenever I interrupt network traffic between my nodes (to check if quorum and fencing is working) the IP resource is started in both nodes of the cluster.
>>
>> Do both side claim to have quorum?
>> Also, had you enabled fencing the cluster would have shot its peer before trying to start the IP.
>>
> 	I think I did (and this configuration with stonith disabled is because modified for later tests) but I will check it again.
>

>>> 	So it seems that node fencing configure at cluster.conf is not working for me.
>>
>> Because pacemaker cannot use it from there.
>> You need to follow
>>
>>    http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-plugin/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/_configuring_cman_fencing.html
>>
>> and then teach pacemaker about fence_scsi:
>>
>>    http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-plugin/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/ch09.html
>>
>>> Then I have tried to configure as a stonith resource (since it is listed by sudo crm ra list stonith), so I have tried to include
>>>
>>> primitive stonith_fence_scsi stonith:redhat/fence_scsi
>>>
>>> 	The problem I'm having with this is that I don't know how to indicate params for the resource (I have tried params devices="...", params -d ..., but they are not accepted) and with this (default) configuration I get:
>>
>> See the above link to chapter 9.
>>
> 	I have tried this. The problem I'm having is that I don't know how to create the resource using fence_scsi. I have tried different syntaxes
>
> crm(live)configure# primitive stonith_fence_scsi stonith:redhat/fence_scsi \

Remove the "redhat/" part.

> > params name="scsi_fence" devices="/dev/sdc"
> ERROR: stonith_fence_scsi: parameter name does not exist

'name' is the name of the machine to be shot and is filled in at runtime

> ERROR: stonith_fence_scsi: parameter devices does not exist

This looks like crmsh not knowing how to find the agent's metadata and can be ignored.

"man fence_scsi" looks like you need a value for "key" though