[Pacemaker] cman + corosync + pacemaker + fence_scsi

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Fri Apr 26 02:25:28 EDT 2013

El 26/04/13 02:01, Andrew Beekhof escribió:

> On 24/04/2013, at 10:48 PM, Angel L. Mateo <amateo at um.es> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> 	I'm trying to configure a 2 node cluster in ubuntu with cman + corosync + pacemaker (the use of cman is because it is recommended at pacemaker quickstart). In order to solve the split brain in the 2 node cluster I'm using qdisk.
>
> If you want to use qdisk, then you need something newer than 1.1.8 (which did not know how to filter qdisk from the membership).

	Oopps. I have cman 3.1.7, corosync 1.4.2 and pacemaker 1.1.6 (the ones
provided with ubuntu 12.04).

	My purpose for using qdisk is to solve split brain problem in my two
nodes cluster. Another suggestion for this?

>> For fencing, I'm trying to use fence_scsi and in this point I'm having the problem. I have attached my cluster.conf.
>>
>> xml <node id="/dev/block/8:33" type="normal" uname="/dev/block/8:33"/>
>> node myotis51
>> node myotis52
>> primitive cluster_ip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
>> 	params ip="155.54.211.167" \
>> 	op monitor interval="30s"
>> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
>> 	dc-version="1.1.6-9971ebba4494012a93c03b40a2c58ec0eb60f50c" \
>> 	cluster-infrastructure="cman" \
>> 	stonith-enabled="false" \
>> 	last-lrm-refresh="1366803979"
>>
>> 	At this moment I'm trying just with an IP resource, but at the end I'll get LVM resources and dovecot server running in top of them.
>>
>> 	The problem I have is that whenever I interrupt network traffic between my nodes (to check if quorum and fencing is working) the IP resource is started in both nodes of the cluster.
>
> Do both side claim to have quorum?
> Also, had you enabled fencing the cluster would have shot its peer before trying to start the IP.

	I think I did (and this configuration with stonith disabled is because
modified for later tests) but I will check it again.

>> 	So it seems that node fencing configure at cluster.conf is not working for me.
>
> Because pacemaker cannot use it from there.
> You need to follow
>
>     http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-plugin/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/_configuring_cman_fencing.html
>
> and then teach pacemaker about fence_scsi:
>
>     http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-plugin/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/ch09.html
>
>> Then I have tried to configure as a stonith resource (since it is listed by sudo crm ra list stonith), so I have tried to include
>>
>> primitive stonith_fence_scsi stonith:redhat/fence_scsi
>>
>> 	The problem I'm having with this is that I don't know how to indicate params for the resource (I have tried params devices="...", params -d ..., but they are not accepted) and with this (default) configuration I get:
>
> See the above link to chapter 9.

	I have tried this. The problem I'm having is that I don't know how to
create the resource using fence_scsi. I have tried different syntaxes

crm(live)configure# primitive stonith_fence_scsi stonith:redhat/fence_scsi \
 > params name="scsi_fence" devices="/dev/sdc"
ERROR: stonith_fence_scsi: parameter name does not exist
ERROR: stonith_fence_scsi: parameter devices does not exist

crm(live)configure# primitive stonith_fence_scsi stonith:redhat/fence_scsi \
 > params n="scsi_fence" d="/dev/sdc"
ERROR: stonith_fence_scsi: parameter d does not exist
ERROR: stonith_fence_scsi: parameter n does not exist

crm(live)configure# primitive stonith_fence_scsi stonith:redhat/fence_scsi \
 > params -n="scsi_fence" -d="/dev/sdc"
ERROR: stonith_fence_scsi: parameter -d does not exist
ERROR: stonith_fence_scsi: parameter -n does not exist

	Does anyone has an example for this? What I would like to do is that in
case of problems, the node with the use of scsi channel (the one using
my LMV volumes) shoots the other one. Could I use the same behaviour
with external/sbd stonith resource?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática