[Pacemaker] Routing-Ressources on a 2-Node-Cluster

T. nospam at godawa.de
Fri Apr 19 05:48:48 EDT 2013

Hi,

> Because the nodes are located in different networks, each node needs
> it's own route-ressource, that is only valid if the node is passive and
> will be removed when this node goes active and gets the default route
> for the cluster-ip.
I did not found any solution for this, so I'm going "the other way".

I added static routes with a high metric to each server:

route add 1.2.3.4 via 10.20.11.1 metric 20

and

route add 1.2.3.4 via 10.20.11.1 metric 20

When a server gets active, it will get the cluster-ip "10.20.10.70" and
the default route to "10.20.10.1".

In addition, the active node will get a new route via the cluster-ip
with a lower metric, that overwrites the above static route:

route add 1.2.3.4 via 10.20.10.1 metric 10

I tested this manually and it works as expected.

There is just a "small" Problem: the heartbeat-route resource does not
allow defining the metric :-(

So should I change the "/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/Route", should
I create a new start-script or is there any other solution?

Thanks a lot for your help,
--
To Answer please replace "invalid" with "de" !
Zum Antworten bitte "invalid" durch "de" ersetzen !

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf