[Pacemaker] Routing-Ressources on a 2-Node-Cluster

T. nospam at godawa.de
Mon Apr 15 16:23:09 EDT 2013

Hi David,

thank you very much for your answer.

> Are they really on different networks? What is the net mask?
Yes I'm "quite" sure, they are connectect via different switches to
different carriers to different networks. It is the preparation for
location redundancy.

> ClusterIP won't work unless they are both on the same VLAN.
The switches have VLANs configured, one for each own network and an
other for the cluster-ip network. I have not done the switch and router
configuration, but am I sure that it works as expected and also the
cluster-ip with it's default route works for manual failover on both nodes.

> Maybe you could post your routing configuration, since what you are explaining is hard to visualise.
OK, I try it with some ASCII-art :-)

                      Switch
+-------+ .11.70    +--------+   .11.1 +---------+
| NodeA |-----------| VLAN A |---------| RouterA |
+-------+           +--------+         +---------+
    |               | ...    |
    |               | ...    |
    +---------------| VLAN C |---------| RouterC |-----------| PingD |
    |               +--------+         +---------+           +-------+
    =               | ...    |                                   .
+-------+ .12.70    +--------+   .12.1 +---------+               .
| NodeB |-----------| VLAN B |---------| RouterB |...............+
+-------+           +--------+         +---------+
   [route add 1.2.3.4 via 10.20.12.1]

This are the current routes, while the default route on NodeA was set by
corosync/pacemaker when it changed to active, I had to add the route on
NodeB manually when it falls back to passive to reach the external
ping-node (ip route add 1.2.3.4 via 10.20.12.1 dev bond0):

For NodeA (active):  default via 10.20.10.1 dev bond0
For NodeB (passive): 1.2.3.4 via 10.20.12.1 dev bond0

or (manually on NodeA: ip route add 1.2.3.4 via 10.20.11.1 dev bond0):

For NodeA (passive): 1.2.3.4 via 10.20.12.1 dev bond0
For NodeB (active):  default via 10.20.10.1 dev bond0

What I need is, that the routes I set manually on the passive node, are
handled by corosync/pacemaker too.

For the .11.0/24 and .12.0/24-networks there is no default route defined.

Thanks again for any help.
--
To Answer please replace "invalid" with "de" !
Zum Antworten bitte "invalid" durch "de" ersetzen !

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf