[Pacemaker] apache on too many nodes?

marvin at nic.fi marvin at nic.fi
Wed Oct 3 16:36:10 EDT 2012

 Hello,

I'm currently testing out a 2 node system with the simple goal of providing failover so that the services are run on one node at a time.
I have some of the mysql and apache configuration files in the drbd partition.

Without apache everything works as expected drbd and mysql start and stop properly on the nodes, but as soon as i try to put apache into to mix nothing works anymore.

Using the following configuration:

primitive drbd ocf:linbit:drbd params drbd_resource="drbd" op start interval="0" timeout="240s" op stop interval="0" timeout="100s"
ms drbd_ms drbd meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2" clone-node-max="1" notify="true"
primitive drbd_fs ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem params device="/dev/drbd0" directory="/mnt/drbd" fstype="ext3" op start interval="0" timeout="60" op stop interval="0" timeout="120"
primitive service_mysqld lsb:mysql op monitor interval="15s"
primitive service_apache lsb:apache2 op monitor interval="15s"
group services_group service_mysqld service_apache
colocation lamp_services inf: drbd_fs drbd_ms:Master services_group
order lamp_order inf: drbd_ms:promote drbd_fs:start services_group:start

I think it wants to start apache on both nodes for some reason (and fails ofcourse) and promptly stops everything.

service_apache (lsb:apache2) Started (unmanaged) FAILED[ node1 node2 ]

I'm probably doing something stupid here. Using debian squeeze.

:Mrv