[Pacemaker] CFP: Cloud Infrastructure, Distributed Storage and High Availability at LCA 2013

Tim Serong tserong at suse.com
Mon Oct 1 08:22:01 EDT 2012

I'm pleased to announce that we will be holding a one day Cloud
Infrastructure, Distributed Storage and High Availability mini
conference[1] on Monday 28 January 2013 as part of linux.conf.au 2013 in
Canberra, Australia[2].

This miniconf is about building reliable infrastructure, from two-node
HA failover pairs to multi-thousand-core cloud systems.  You might like
to think of it as a sequel to the LCA 2012 High Availability and
Distributed Storage miniconf[3].

Do any of the following describe you?

* You're building cloud infrastructure for others to use
  (openstack, cloudstack, eucalyptus, ...)
* Your data needs to be reliably available everywhere
  (ceph, glusterfs, drbd, ...)
* Your system absolutely must be up all the time
  (pacemaker, corosync, ...)

If so, this is the miniconf for you!  Please consider submitting a
presentation at:

  http://tinyurl.com/cidsha-lca2013

We're expecting most talk slots to be 25 minutes (including questions
and changeover), but there will be openings for shorter lightning talks
and maybe a couple of longer talks.  CFP closes on Sunday November 4,
2012.  Notifications of acceptance will be emailed out after this date.

Note that there is also an OpenStack-specific miniconf[4] running on
Tuesday 29 January.  We're hoping this will give us a pretty awesome
two-day LCA 2013 CloudFest.  As a rough rule of thumb, more generic or
infrastructure-related talks should go to Cloud, Distributed Storage &
HA, while deeper OpenStack-specific talks should probably go to the
OpenStack miniconf.  If in doubt, or if you have any other questions,
please contact me directly at tserong at suse.com.

Thanks!

Tim

[1] http://lca2013.linux.org.au/schedule/30073/view_talk